All high school students in Indiana's Ninth Congressional District are invited to submit their artwork to the 2021 Congressional Art Competition for the chance to have it displayed in the U.S. Capitol for the next year.
How does it work?:
To submit, please email the required paperwork and a high-resolution photo of your artwork to IN09ArtCompetition@mail.house.gov.
The photos of the entries will be posted as an album on my Facebook page. Local artists and individuals from the ninth district will judge the competition. To determine the winners, the judges' scores will be worth 80% of the overall score with the number of "likes" each submission receives on Facebook representing the other 20%.
The contest will close on April 30, 2021 and the four winners will be contacted and announced shortly thereafter.
What happens if I win?:
When can I submit my art?
- First Place: Art will be displayed in the Cannon Tunnel of the U.S. Capitol Building and you will be invited to participate in a reception for 1st place winners from across the country.
- Second Place: Art will be displayed in the Washington, D.C. office of Indiana's 9th District.
- Third Place: Art will be displayed in the Jeffersonville office of Indiana's 9th District.
- Honorable Mention: Art will be displayed in Franklin office of Indiana's 9th District.
Submissions will be accepted until April 30, 2021.
*UPDATED* Important dates to remember:
- April 30 - Art submission period closes at 5pm.
- May 10 - May 14 - Art will be posted on Facebook.
- May 14 - Winners announced.
If you have any questions, please email Adam.Jackson@mail.house.gov. I hope that you will take part in this wonderful opportunity, and I look forward to showcasing the talents of students from Indiana's 9th District!
Be of good cheer,
U.S. Representative, IN-09